We are hiring an IT Support Engineer
Wight Computers are a multi-award-winning, approachable IT company whose main aim is to help businesses embrace technology to become innovators within their own industries.
We firmly believe that IT is there to support everyone, and we provide innovative technological solutions for all a business’s needs; from proactive IT support to the creation of bespoke software applications. We can offer you a forward-thinking working environment where we are constantly researching and experimenting with new technology, helping our customers operate more effectively – saving them precious time, money and resources.
Your work with us will be varied as we work across all industry sectors, from the local radio station to a leading architectural practice and estate agency. Our customers are our greatest asset, and we are pleased to have formed great long-standing relationships with clients on both the Island and across the water in Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham and beyond. With over 100 reviews on the independent online review platform Google Business, 100% with a five-star rating, our customers are testimony to our work.
By joining Wight Computers, you will be part of a company that values its place in the Island community and is conscious of its impact on the planet. In 2019 we picked up three accolades including the top score amongst the Island business community at the Green Impact Awards which recognises a business’ ‘green’ credentials and their dedication to creating a more environmentally aware and sustainable business. We also have an ongoing commitment to supporting local charities through discounted rates, and a monthly donation to WightAID.
As an IT Support Engineer for Wight Computers, you will provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting, as well as installation work directly to our customers across the Isle of Wight.
- Work as part of a small team to provide technical support for customers’ existing hardware and/or software installations and resolve as soon as reasonably possible using the resources available to you.
- Answer customer phone calls, log support tickets and work on them through to resolution.
- Provide on-site support to customers when required.
- Build, configure and install new hardware including PCs, Laptops, Server, Routers, Wireless Access Points and Switches.
- Install, configure, and support applications such as Microsoft Server, Office 365, SharePoint and Exchange.
- Work on larger projects such as Infrastructure Refreshes, Disaster Recovery, Migration to Cloud with the team and the customer through to completion
- Respond to alerts from our monitoring system to provide proactive maintenance, resulting in less outages and downtime for our customers.
£20,000 per annum.
Perks & Benefits
- Paid day off on birthday, (or nearest working day)
- Entry to IOW Lottery weekly prize draws
- Access to a company pool car
- Company laptop
- Regular team lunches
- Flexible working location (see below)
- Workplace pension
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent and friendly attitude when dealing with customers both on the phone and in person, as well as the ability to explain potentially complicated issues in a way that customers can understand.
- Excellent writing skills. Most of your work will be written and customer facing (emails, documentation etc.)
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team to resolve potentially complex issues, but also work on your own to perform installations and project work when required.
- Ideally you will have previous experience in a similar role, including some product knowledge, but this is not a strict requirement.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems, Windows Server, as well as related applications such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SharePoint and Exchange.
- Strong knowledge of our core products – HP & Dell Hardware, Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft 365.
- Basic knowledge of Apple Mac operating system as well as iPhone / iPad device troubleshooting including other mobile vendors (Google, Samsung etc.)
- Any relevant IT focussed qualification.
Wight Computers take pride in having a fun, friendly and creative working environment. As part of keeping our staff equally as happy as our customers, we very rarely travel outside of the Isle of Wight area to ensure a healthy work / life balance. We encourage our staff to continue learning and training in order to progress their career.
This is a full-time position offering consistent, stable hours from 08:30 – 17:00, Monday to Friday.
We have all been working from home since March 2020, and whilst we are looking to return to an office environment soon, this will be flexible with a mixture of home working and office working (in addition to visiting customers’ premises when required). This role requires you to be based on the Isle of Wight.
Lastly, we encourage our staff to play further key roles in our ongoing expansion as we build our business, as such there will be plenty of opportunities to progress your career within the company.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28th May 2021