Wight Computers Ltd is a Company registered in England and Wales under registration number 08262738.
Our registered office is Innovation Centre, Monks Brook, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5WB.
Our VAT number is GB144683595.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices quoted are exclusive of VAT which shall be due at the rate prevailing on the date of the invoice.
- Payment shall be due within 15 days of the date of the invoice unless otherwise stated on the invoice.
- All hardware and equipment supplied remains property of Wight Computers Ltd until payment has been received in full.
- We reserve the right to suspend your access to services billed by Wight Computers Ltd if your account is in arrears, until the balance is paid.
- We understand and will exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
- The acceptance of a project shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Wight Computers Ltd.
- For all website and software projects, 50% of the fee is required before work commences with the balance payable upon completion.
- Requests for extra work or changes to the project brief after it has been agreed will affect the agreed completion date and agreed price.
- Customers will be expected to provide the information for their website projects including logo, photos, and copy unless otherwise agreed.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s project, will remain the clients’ property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws. The client agree to indemnify and not hold Wight Computers Ltd responsible for any and all claims resulting from the client’s negligence or inability to obtain proper copyright permissions.
- The copyright for all material provided by Wight Computers Ltd, such as HTML code, graphics and text, will remain the property of Wight Computers Ltd until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon the client will have free use to use the materials. Wight Computers Ltd reserves the right to use any designs we have produced to promote ourselves on our website, social media and any printed materials.
- We make every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any alterations caused by a third party occurring to the client’s pages once installed and signed off.
- We will initially optimise the client’s website for search engines but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
- If at any point during the website development a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that we judge to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the project.
- We do not undertake to maintain or update a client’s website as part of the design project. If a client wishes Wight Computers Ltd to maintain or update a website, we will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Website maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- In the case of bespoke software supplied to a client, ownership of the underlying source code and intellectual property remains property of Wight Computers Ltd, and may be later adapted and resold.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Wight Computers Ltd reserves the right to change or modify any of these Terms and Conditions without notice.